Saturday, May 02, 2009

Free Comic Books Today!

Go to the Annex on 314 Broadway for them. Comics. How I learned how to read. I used to buy them for school libraries, too, and they were hot!

It's from 10-5. Buy some, too & help out a local business.

So what were your favs? "Superman", "Wonder Woman", "Archie." My bro & would save for the 25 cent annual editions. I also read "Batman," "Lois Lane", & my husband's fav- "Sgt. Rock."

And let's not forget the student comic versions of the classics. Lord know they made sense out of some of those centuries old stories- and you didn't need a dictionary!

What were your favorites? I think that I was still reading them in h.s. Remember, though, I had a younger bro & sis. Gee, and they didn't rot my brain. At least, I don't think that they did.

Thanks to NDN reporter Jim Gillis for the story (who else?) Sorry, no direct link unless you want to $.

No comments: