Thursday, September 04, 2008

New Middletown "Sakura" Restaurant Opening



And you're invited! My family has already dined there. Is is beautiful inside. The food is excellent and fresh with a minimum of fats.

So I have a story I recently told at our Econ. Development meeting. I had a wonderful appetizer there. I didn't toally understand what was in it (lobster sushi roll- cooked), but it was delicious. It was presently beautifully with a dollop of green on the side by the cucumbers. Now the menu had said something about avocado & I figured this was it so I took a hearty mouthful.

AAA-RRR-Ggg-HHHH! I thought that I was going to die! I'm quite sure that the top of my head blew off with flames coming out of every possible orifice on my head. As I'm relaying my head-cleaning experience, "Wasabi" is shouted out by the group.

Oh, so that's what Wasabi looks (and tastes) like. Who would have expected it could appear so innocent? It's the Japanese revenge for WWII & VJ Day. It tasted like total horseradish raised to the nth degree. I was forced to spit the rest out & just sit there quietly. The water glass would have just spread it out when what I really needed was a milk extinguisher. So be forewarned!


There are other Sakura's owned by the same family. ?Fall River, I think. It has lunch hours along with dinner.

Sakura Steakhouse…
Would like to invite you to their Grand Opening!

September 10, 2008 at 4:00-6:00 p.m.

Featuring complimentary samples of Sakura’s delicious Japanese Cuisine!
Beer and wine will also be served!

250 East Main Road, Middletown, RI
Located in the Marshall’s Plaza. Plenty of free parking…open 7 days a week.


This is also being promoed by the Newport Co. Chamber of Commerce.

No comments: