Friday, June 12, 2009

Mortgagee Sale in Portsmouth

Now you may wonder why I'd be interested in this lovely waterfront multi-million $ home in Portsmouth. Or maybe not. This particular one is up for mortgagee sale as it's owner, Doylestown Partners, has defaulted on their loan (NDN- Thurs.). Yeah, you say, not exactly earth-shattering news.

Ah, Doylestown Partners. Now it gets interesting. They filed for Ch. 11 more than a yr. ago. It's listed in the R.I. Corporate data base as a real estate investment foreign corporation with Daniel Patrick Reilly as Secretary & sis, Shannon (4 companies at her address) as Prez. Ah, Dan Reilly. He ran for State Rep. against Rep. Amy Rice. Age 19? or maybe it's 20 now. He & his family keep writing those anti-Rice letters to the local paper.

Doylestown Partners owns 105 Heidi Dr. which is the home of said Dan Reilly, now going bye-bye. Uh-oh.

Can't daddy William J. Reilly (lawyer & with 14 companies at his Boca Raton address) who along with his wife currently owe the State of Rhode Island more than one million dollars in back taxes help out (Hey, didn't they promise to "take care" of this before the last election? NDN)? Just a slight mistake.

BTW, I was the first with the scofflaw story. Love that Google.

So where's poor Dan going to live? Maybe his bro., Christopher, who lives in Middletown & is V. Pres. of Shamrock Equity with an address of the same Heidi Dr. could help out. Daddy also owns this company. Shamrock lent Dan's campaign thousand of $ with Dan listing himself as an employee of same. Daddy couldn't directly lend it under his own or the company name because of campaign limits. Understandable since Dan has yet to hold a full-time job while studying at Bryant- Shamrock employment notwithstanding. Of course, he did hold a summer job at the Dept. of Environment. No, I'm quite sure that the guv had nothing to do with this. These jobs are so easy to get.

The house was refinanced in 2007 after being purchased in 2000 from- the Reilly's. One other former partner/owner was the former owner of- Doylestown Partners. Following all this? So why would you want to pay back all that equity that you pulled-out? Heck, maybe one of your other companies can buy it for less $ than is owed on it & then refinance again. Sounds like a plan to me.

Oops, maybe no help from daddy after all. It seems that he's current under an SEC frauds indictment. Forming a shell company with no assets & no income, but not exactly revealing this when it goes public, turns out to be not a good thing after all. And him a N.Y. lawyer who "... presently serves with the rank of Commander in the United States Naval Reserve, Judge Advocate General's Corps..." (source) That S.E.C., sometimes it actually takes a dim view of cheating investors. Who knew?

Poor Dan. No home, no money, no tuition. I'll bet poor Portsmouth, too. It's difficult paying local property taxes when you're not making your mortgage payments. But don't worry, Dan. There's a strong social services net out there to help you & your family fostered by your favorite guy, our guv- NOT! Or Plan B- maybe Rep. Rice can bid on the house & rent you a room. Of course, she may not be too keen on this after the dirty tricks you pulled off during the last election.

Kinda young to already be an officer of a bankrupt co., not to mention losing your home address. Let's see. Amy Rice owns a business & a home, pays her taxes, and has a full-time job. She & her family still live here and haven't formed dummy corporations or bankrupted any of them, I'm guessing. They also don't write vicious letters to the local rag about Dan, and I'll bet not one of them has ever been indicted by the feds. Guess they're just not living right.

And you wanted to be my Rep.

Do you think R.I. will collect it's mil in back taxes? Do you think you'll win the next Power Ball? Yeah, I figure the odds are about the same.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They say that sons inherit their mothers brain chemistry. This crazy rant supports the theory.

Anonymous said...

That last comment was obnoxious and sick. It should be removed.

Unknown said...

#1. Wah, wah. Picture me sitting in my chair crying crocodile tears in a home that's actually paid for.

#2. I've heard it all before. Ignorance is always out there. I don't wish bad things on anyone- I know what hard luck feels like. However, cosmic justice for those who cheat, steal, and lie at the expense of others somehow seems right. Arrogance is always difficult to stomach.

So far, my sons seem to have inherited chemistry bringing forth kindness, empathy, and generosity for those in need- qualities that would make any mother proud. Persistance even in the face of adversity, is an admirable quality.

It's always a hard line to draw whether I should delete comments or not. I figure that I'm fair game. After than, it gets tenuous.
I thought that my "rant" was fairly clear & well-researched, Obviously, I hit the mark.

I've made no secret that there are mental health problems in my family. Not diabetes, not cancer, not addictions. Gee, I think that makes us human. People like #1- rare.

And life goes on...

John said...

Hi, Eileen...
Looks like digging and connecting the dots rather than a "rant" to me, but what do I know.

In my experience, when people go _ad hominem_, it's generally because you've struck a nerve.

I have a quote by David Halberstam over my desk. "Never let them intimidate you. Never. If someone tries, do me a favor and work just a little harder on your story."

Words of wisdom.

Best,
-j

Anonymous said...

That comment is obnoxious and rude - but that being said, why is is that the sins of the father are being blames on the son. Maybe the son(s) is getting screwed by dear old dad too -

Moreover, just because dad doesn't pay his taxes doesn't mean that the son has lost his right to free speech and the right to criticize Amy Rice - is she some sort of off-limits politician? You may not agree with what he has to say, but just like you, he has the right to say it. You certainly have the right to criticize his opinion and you have done so.

probably every politician has a family member that has screwed up - do you paint Cicilline with the same brush as his indicted brother? So why are you so bent out of shape about this kid? And what his father has done? Because you disagree with his politics?

Unknown said...

It certainly qualifies as news so that's why I wrote about it. Normally, I don't care about family members. But when the family member is your sole support AND you're legally tied up in business with the member, AND you ran for political office And you are still politically active- it reflects on you personally, I think.
His father is under SEC indictment currently. The other two have pled & settled, but he has not. He owes our State over a million bucks, yet his son was able to "borrow" extensively from his Dad's business. When you are able to ditch your mortage & likely have unpaid local taxes- all the product of a shell company- yeah, that aggravates me. Not you?
I have no problem with his political opinion & even wrote him up once with a thumbs-up. This all, however, seems a bit hypocritical.

I never wrote about Cicilline as it didn't seem locally relevant. I've criticized local Dems, too. However in the past few years, it's Republicans that seem to have had the most pressing legal problems here.
Believe me, no political party has ownership of the moral high road.
I back-up what I wrote. I could have written even more on various legal problems, but I presented the highlights. When you run for political office, it behooves anyone to consider family ramifications.

John is right. I struck a nerve here.

Thanks for the last two comments.