Tuesday, October 28, 2008

URI- Bad Water

**UPDATE** Water is now good according to Projo update. My son's housemate told me that students were still drinking from the water fountains in the Student Ctr. AFTER the water bann. He posted up signs saying not to drink it. They should have been shut off. I don't believe that URI took this water problem as seriously as it should have.

I forgot to post yesterday when my son & his pal told me about it (fecal coliform in university's water). Projo has the article today. URI has its own water system aside from the town. Dorm students were hoping for some bottled water- gee, none since Sun., like, water is kind of important, isn't it? Odd, the tests detecting the nasties were performed on Fri., but no bann until Sun. Oh, well... they're just stupid kids after all. The dining hall was using boiled water for food prep. But starting when?

"The university will also have bottled water available in front of the Student Union from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today for students, faculty and staff, Wyman said."

Thanks to reporter Talia Buford for the report & the reminder.

No comments: