Sunday, March 30, 2008

"Harder to Elect a Woman than a Black Man"

This recent quote from former Presidential candidate George McGovern (S.D.). Gee, y'a think? Like I've said before- forget the glass ceiling, there's often a glass floor for women. “I think we’ve never had a woman so well-qualified that’s on the national scene,” he said of Clinton." Amen, brother.

And this from Ralph Nader:
Don't Listen to Sen. Leahy

Just read where Senator Patrick Leahy is calling on you to drop out of the Presidential race.
Believe me.
I know something about this.
Here’s my advice:
Don’t listen to people when they tell you not to run anymore.
That’s just political bigotry.
Listen to your own inner citizen First Amendment voice.
This is America.
Just like every other citizen, you have a right to run.
Whenever you like.
For as long as you like.
It’s up to you, Hillary.
Just tell them – It’s democracy. Get used to it.


Yours truly,
Ralph Nader



I've heard similar remarks posed when a local/state Primary race is threatened. So what? That's how the system works. Democracy is messy. I don't care if there is a floor fight at the Convention. I'm had my belly-full of pre-packaged staged conventions. They haven't worked out all that well anyway. I'm really sick of the polls and the not-so-subtle subtitles of get-out of the race, Hillary. I've been told to leave, too. Men only. Screw that. Like I've also said before, "Try and make me!" I may have lost two elections, but darn, they knew I was there!


From Ayn Rand (Thanks, Sandra): "The question isn't who is going to let me, it's who is going to stop me?"


Thanks to Projo's Sheila Lennon for some of the above links/info. I always enjoy her links & sometimes she connects me to great (and free) games!

No comments: