Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Complaint Filed Against Rep. Long

August 21, 2007

Rhode Island Board of Elections
Robert Kando, Executive Director
Thomas V. Iannitti, Acting Chairman
50 Branch Ave.
Prov., RI. 02904-2790

Dear Sirs:

We, the undersigned, officially protest the failure of Rep. Bruce Long to complete his second quarter Financial Statement due July 31, 2007 by neglecting to publicly list his contributors for $10,350.00 in contributions.

We complain that Rep. Long is in violation of: Recordkeeping Requirement, R.I.G.L 17-25-7 by failing to supply pertinent campaign records and R.I.G.L 17-25-11 for failure to observe the deadline for such filing.

We do appreciate your prompt attention in dealing with this matter.

Sincerely yours,

Eileen Rice Spillane
Richard P. Adams

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't for the life a me figure out why Bruce Long he has not resigned? He has not filed income tax for 10 Plus years and his own party has suggested he resign. I can only guess he must be close to recieving a state pension! I would argue he is not entiled to that! He is a complete embarrassment, looking back during the election, I now understand his endorsement of a democrat for Town Council, Robert Sylvia, great minds think alike!