Saturday, July 07, 2007

"Sicko" playing at Opera House


Go see it. It's about 2 hrs. long & entertaining while also getting it's message across.
Rhode Islanders are somewhat luckier than insurance buyers in other states. If you have a pre-existing condition in R.I. you can still purchase insurance here at the same price that others pay. Not so in other states. However, it's still expensive.
I've decided after this pic that I'd like to become French. Sure, not being fluent in the language could be a slight problem (among others). Watch this movie & see why.
Every once in awhile my family thinks of moving to Ireland where my husband & sons are citizens. Why? - free health care, secure retirement, free college, good jobs, etc. The only thing lacking is good weather.
High taxes? Yes, but not much more than ours when you add all the extras we pay in fees besides taxes (and no more free dump). And their governments are afraid of them, rather than vice versa here. So enjoy & send in your comments!
***BTW, My discriminating teen says it was "very entertaining."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw it. I'm so inspired I want to become a nurse. Oh yeah, I already am a nurse. I want to work in a system where I never again have to waste time filling out paperwork that exists only to satisfy some insurance companie's requirement. Americans have no idea what a speed bump reimbursement is to health care delivery, and how much money is wasted with useless tests for liability reasons and uneeded drugs because big pharma is so agressive. Ask your doctor if the drug rep buys them lunch.

Anonymous said...

Good point! Way too much time/money is wasted on billing and awaiting "approval" for necessary procedures. Big pharma - aggressive? Say it ain't so, Joe!