Thursday, August 02, 2007

Welcome, Nicholas Cage!

**Update** Providence has it's Buddy, now Middletown has Nicky. Sale was yesterday. BTW, Nick is a Democrat!

Word is out the actor Nicholas Cage has purchased "Grey Craig" estate off of Paradise Ave. A few yrs. ago the Norman Bird Sanctuary purchased most of the development rights here. A few homes were built on land seperated from the estate (the former greenhouse area) & the stables purchased.

$15 million. Would have made a nice birthday present for me if my husband had been quicker.

Also hearing rumors of a possible freeze on any new tie-in's to the Middletown sewer system. No details yet, it may just apply to the area where I live by First Beach (the polluted area). We've had these moratoriums before. Stay alert!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can always tell when a woman writes an article. Nice spelling and a quick mention of her beleaguered but nameless "husband."

Anonymous said...

I'd say the mention of a husband definitely gives away the fact that I am a woman.
As for being "beleaguered" by me, you've never met him have you? I'm towards the bottom of the "worry" list (and vice versa). It's a partnership.
Happpy Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

Grey Craig was part of my Family's home.It's hard to see it go into someone outside the family's hands.My Father remembers fondly going there to visit his aunt and her family as a child.This is a very special home I hope it is in good hands.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, eri, for writing in. I've only seen the house via pics. Don't think Nick has spent much time here, although you do read of various "sightings." Must have been quite a place when there were still greenhouses, gardens, & horse barns there. The location is still beautiful, though, bordering a protective bird sanctuary & ocean/river wetlands.
Alas, nothing stays the same.

Anonymous said...

My boyfriend works in Portsmouth and has seen him several times at his usual breakfast spot. Also chatted with him at the DD one day when my BF stopped to pick up a coffee while he was working a detail.

Anonymous said...

Aw, c'mon, Share! Where would that be?
Maybe Cindy's Cafe? She has wonderful food out there on W. Main! Best omelette that I've ever had. She lives in the 12th by-the-way- in Middletown. Sen. Levesque also sings her praises.