Sunday, April 22, 2007

Rep. Bruce Long - It Just Never Stops

Oh, Brucie, Brucie, the news just never stops. It almost is too easy to use him as a topic. My State House sources tell me that his presence is as scarce as the truth there. It seems he shows up for votes and then skedaddles. The scuttlebutt is that he's being investigated for a number of things (inc. witholding taxes). I suppose this might explain why he may have hacked into his wife's medical records (trying to discredit his wife's complaints of illnesses). Of course, proving any of this is a whole different matter, despite what he stated in his own court depositions.


I've had suggestions that I start an online pool on the date that he'll resign. Or how about a daily report, "Where's Bruce?"






WJAR-TV
Last fall, the I-Team first reported that Rep. Bruce Long admitted under oath in a deposition that he didn't pay the Internal Revenue Service any taxes on his Del's Lemonade business for up to 7 years.
Long's ex-wife, Valerie said Long, who represents parts of Aquidneck Island, made a six-figure income from the popular Del's stands.
Long had the exclusive franchise for Aquidneck Island.
After the I-Team's first report, the IRS in Boston opened an investigation. But now, Valerie Long told the I-Team that two IRS agents from the Warwick IRS Criminal Division visited her last week.
"They said they were still looking into it and that they couldn't seem to find a way to find out how much money he had made," she said.
She said she told the agents to check with the manager of the Del's Lemonade business at the company's headquarters in Cranston.
Valerie Long, who lives in Middletown, said her ex-husband is still not paying her enough child support for their teenage daughter and wonders if the IRS investigation might make things worse.
Valerie Long: I asked them if Bruce would be going to jail.
Jim Taricani: And you are concerned about that obviously.
Long: Well, yes, of course because that means I wouldn't get my child support.
Taricani: And what was their response when you asked them if Bruce would be going to jail?
Long: They said that they would call me before they settled with him so I could get my money.
On Thursday afternoon, Taricani talked with Long and said he's had no contact with IRS agents and continues to deal with his tax problems through his accountant.
Taricani said Long declined further comment.
A spokesman for the IRS had no comment on the investigation and repeated calls to the president of the Del's Lemonade Company were not returned."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am picking May 21st as resignation day.

Anonymous said...

he should resign today considering he admitted he lives in Westerly with his new wife while representing Middletown.