Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Lost in Little Compton

I love the Democrats in Little C. They are a small but enthusiasic group. They love to laugh.

I've been out there a number of times to visit them. But I evidently never drove out there when it was dark. We were lost for an hour. There are few signs. Very few. We didn't see any. And even fewer lights. No place to stop & ask. When we finally did find a brightly lit house no one answered the door. At one point we found ourselves by the town beach. Driving for about 20 min. after this, we ended up in exactly the same spot! Duh! It all looks so different in pitch black( hey, that moon was VERY small.)

Finally found it! Boy, was I glad to see them! Just in time for the end of the meeting.

So my advice is, if you must go to Little Compton when it's dark, have darn good directions! (And a full tank of gas which I didn't).