Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Newport's First Night


This is a family-friendly activity in Newport on New Year's Eve. http://www.firstnightnewport.org/

I love it & I don't even have any little kids! It's $10 with those under 5 free. There's a venue for teens & even a party for those who want to stay up till midnight. The older I get the harder this is. Last year I think that it was just me & the dog. Activities begin at 6. I've never seen the parade or fireworks- too darn cold for me. But maybe this will be the year!

Sandra Flowers will be there along with the D'Amicos of "Lou's Hotdogs." Transportation is free. Aw, c'mon. I'll bet you've never seen the Newport Artillery Museum after having lived here all these years. Now's your chance! Isn't this why you live here after all?

Now, honestly, would I steer you wrong?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still don't understand why Newport's First Night ends at 9. Years ago, I went with friends to watch another friend in an Off the Curb show. We bought buttons, only to find that everything was over by the time we got out. I know it's "Family Friendly" but what else is there to do after 9 but drink yourself stupid?

I guess it really doesn't matter to me. My baby goes to sleep at 7:30, my wife is out by 9:30 and I don't really drink that much. In any case, it still seems like a waste to buy a button for New Years Eve and call it a night at 9.

Unknown said...

I hear you. Still in all, I think that you get your ten bucks worth. And it beats being home alone & watching the tube.
I couldn't take too much more of it as it's cold outside! Sometimes we just ride the trolley for awhile.
Yup, we Spillanes are one wild & crazy group!
Happy New Year to you & your family.