Friday, December 26, 2008

E-Z Pass Non E-Z Signup



Turns out that it's not easy after all. HERE is the link for all the info. Want the discount resident rate? It's especially non-e-z then. You must download the app. You then have to go there in-person with your residency proof: Utility Bill, Tax Bill, Copy of Rental or Lease Agreement, RI College Student ID


No, your license is worth crap as proof of residency. No, they cannot accept just the # of it online. Yes, you need to be able to pay $. Here are the hours in Jamestown:

7am - 7pm Monday through Friday
8am - Noon on Saturday
(12/31/08 office will close at 2:00)

Yes, you need to use two tokens to get there. Go figure. Tokens will be good until mid-January.

Yeah, E-Z. And cheap. Unless, of course, you have a heavy van. Thanks so much. And the slow-down caused by the the gates at the E-Z lanes. We keep thinking that they're smarter than us, don't we? WHY??? Blame the members of this great authority for all this ****. And let's not forget member Mayor Waluk of Newport. So how much has been saved with this? Naught. We're in the hole. How will we benefit? It's the same old, same old- "And then a miracle occurs." We're going to need a New Year full of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lessons learned from one new RI E-Z pass user:
-- if you mail back your non-RI pass to another EZPass system, USE the metallic bag. NY charged me for the post office truck rolling thru the toll plazas at Springfield/I-291 and the Bronx Whitestone Bridge.
-- Send your RI application with a copy of a bill showing your RI address to the NJ address. Why fight for a parking spot at the Npt bridge toll plaza?
-- On the RI application, check the box saying you DON'T want a printed statement unless you want to be saddled with the $1 per month "convenience fee" in a year's time.

Anonymous said...

Arrived there at 6:55am...was 10th in line. Brought everything I though I needed then, as I finally got inside close to the door I saw the note saying that I needed my license and registration. Back to the car for the registration...now 14th in line. Turns out I didn't need the registration at all! But bring it with you just in case. They did ask to see my license. People working there were very helpful - no I don't work there! As I sat and waited one person came up and offered to make a copy of my utility bill (you might want to take a copy with you as they collect and keep a copy). Make sure your info is written CLEARLY as they have top copy it into the computer and it takes forever if they have to as you line by line what you wrote. They have more people processing credit card applications...so a bit quicker doing this (I think). I was out of there by 7:55am. Hope this helps.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info. I've GOT to get this done.