Sunday, September 07, 2008

Project Vote Smart

All candidates for major offices are asked to submit a "political courage" test form- this is nationwise. Check out the candidates! Many do not. If you fool around with codes, you can pick up older ones. Sen. Gibbs had trouble keeping her priorities straight every two yrs. (esp. on property taxes!) & after I cornered her last time on this, she gave up filling them out, I think. Or maybe she forgot. Keping a folder copy is wise. At least previously she did try.

Many candidates are advised not fill these out. Let's face it... it takes courage to publicly take a stand on all these items.

You may assume that I just blindly vote along Party lines. You'd be wrong. I've got a brain & use it. Not filling out their form uneless covering these topics in another fashion (e.g.; a web site) counts against you in my book. It makes me think that Mark Twain's proverbial sentence is being applied: "“It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.”

Thanks to Project Vote Smart for doing this.

No comments: