Friday, June 06, 2008

Immigration Advisory Group

Keith Stokes is the only District resident of the guv's new Immigration Advisory Group. Thanks to Anchor Rising's Marc Comtois, although he's not that happy with the committee's makeup. I hope that the group gives the Guv better advice than he seems to have been receiving.

From Projo:
“Last month, I indicated that I would form an advisory panel to monitor any unintended consequences that the implementation of my executive order might have for immigrants and others who are in Rhode Island legally,” Carcieri said in a statement. “I’m pleased that so many people, representing so many different
backgrounds, have agreed to participate. I’m confident that they will work together to ensure that my executive order only affects those who are in Rhode Island illegally, as was always intended.”

No comments: