Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Dec.Deadlines for Presidential Candidates/Delegates

The first 10 days of December hold critical deadlines for presidential candidates and Rhode Islanders who plan to run for delegate to one of the national political conventions. For example, in order to appear on the Rhode Island ballot March 4, presidential candidates must file a "Statement of Intent" with us on Dec. 5, 6 or 7. You can get the details by clicking here. Everything is in downloadable format.

In 2008 the Democrats will hold their convention in Denver. You pay your own expenses, btw. I've only passed through Denver, the mile high city. I stayed about 1 1/2 hrs. away at a dude ranch (ah, a story for another day). While I didn't think that the high pressure would bother me, in fact, I suffered from frequent nosebleeds & tired easily.

The R.I. Dems have not yet come up with a delegate plan that I can find.


Thanks to Chris Barnett, Communications Director of Secretary of State , A. Ralph Mollis House for sending the info to me in an effort to get this info out.

No comments: