Monday, June 25, 2007

Sunday Hours Coming for Middletown Library


Good news from the library regarding Sunday hours. I know that the Board of Trustees has been working on this for years. When I was on the Board as Vice Chair (and later Chair) we thought that we had done that with a new labor contract three years ago. The former library director, Robert Balliot, had assured us that we had while also assuring us that we didn't need any professional contract assistance as he had it well-in-hand. Unfortunately, this turned out to be not so. Strike One.

I'm delighted that after settling a new labor contract, the it seems that the Trustees have found a way to finally implement these extra hours of operation. It's still in the planning stages, but they are hopeful that starting the Tuesday after Labor Day and ending the Sunday prior to Memorial Day the library will be open on Sundays! The plan is: Mon thru Thurs 9:30am to 8:00 pm, Friday and Saturday 9:30am to 5:00pm and Sunday from 1:00pm to 5:00pm. The library will be closed the Sunday of a holiday weekend, Mother’s Day and any other Sunday that the Director(and I hope to hear of the appointment of one soon) deems appropriate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

One reason I started this blog was to delineate various gossip in town & provide accurate info rather than lies, innuendo, & threats. So I deleted two comments full of lies which I have done before (the third was mine) . Like I don't know who Anonymous is. Hey, I use my name. I check my sources, usually have two, make corrections,& try to provide background info which may not make it into the newspaper.
If you don't like what I write, don't read it.
Some, like you, are lucky that I don't print everything that I know.
Funny how everything that is printed on your side is super, while anything else requires phone calls, threats, insults, etc. I really don't care. I have a life & don't need your approval.
As my Dad taught me a long time ago, not everyone is going to like you. So you might as well give those who don't good reason not to.