Tuesday, May 08, 2007

End the War!

UPDATE** E-mail your Lege today!!
I used the link on R.I. Future to urge the Lege to support Sen. Levesque's bill & others opposing the war surge. More than 20 states have pending legislation on this. Calif, Iowa, & Vt. have already passed theirs. Remember years ago when state Guv's refused to send Nat'l guard troops? Why don't more of them speak up? Oops, silly me. Our guv luvs the Prez.
So I used Matt's link to send a letter. II rec'd a positive response from Rep. Amy Rice. Nothing from Sen. June "No comment," Gibbs. This is the response from Rep. Fox:

Thank you very much for writing to me about the several pieces of legislation that have introduced opposing the escalation in Iraq. Thesebills have been referred to the Committee on Constituent Services. Please be assured that as this year's session progresses and legislation is considered, I will make certain that your thoughts and comments will be taken into consideration. I encourage you to continue to orrespond with me and other members of the General Assembly.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about this important matter.

Sincerely,

Gordon D. Fox House Majority Leader

So use the title link ; or this &write already!

No comments: