Friday, December 08, 2006

Rep. Amy Rice Wins (really)!

John Robatille conceded the election this morning at 10. Lost by FOUR votes. He ran a good race, no doubt about that. As I told him, I'd rather loose by a few hundred than such a small number. Hard to live with. But Amy's got to feel his breath on her neck for the next two years. No, he can't run for Rep. Long's seat (nor can I) - wrong district.

It's going to be a difficult & interesting Legislative session. Money from gambling isn't pulling in what we anticipated (Ct. competition). Definite budget problems. The leadership doesn't need any Republican support this time & we've got a lame duck guv. A bad time for our district to have a Rep. state senator.

National political scene looks much better for Rhode Island though. I saw Sen. Reed on the national news the other day being asked his opinion on Iraq. If there were a Dem. Prez, he'd be on the short list as Sec'y of Defense.

BTW, I've been wondering why none of my posts inspired comments. It seems as if when I was trying to resolve my feed problems, I changed my template not to allow comments. Duh! Okay now.

No comments: