Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Thank You!

I wish to express a personal thank you to all those who voted for me and supported my campaign.
The best part of campaigning is the people I met along the way. Many went out of their way to donate time & money and offer support in many forms. They did this for a candidate who was not a political insider and who was a longshot. Thanks to those who shared their stories and expressed the need for our government not only to listen, but to change. I am especially grateful to those who during the last few weeks offered cards, e-mails, phone calls, smiles, and a friendly word.
Even though I lost this election I realized almost 47% of the vote and was the only Democratic legislative candidate in the County to gain votes this election period as compared to two years ago. My opponent lost over 1300 votes from the previous race. I sent out more than 40,000 pieces of mail and knocked on over 1,000 doors. All who campaigned on my behalf offered the voters choice which has not always been available in our district. I congratulate my opponent and wish her well in the coming two year legislative session.
There is much to be done and it is our duty to be watchful and participatory to ensure that everyone in our State prospers. All those who voted for any candidate (or bravely ran as one) help ensure our democracy. Once, again, thank you. A special thanks to the Democratic Town Committees of Newport, Tiverton, Little Compton, and Middletown. Thank you to the NEA, NEA- retired, LIUNA (Middletown office), TAN (Teachers Assoc. of Newport), AFSCME Council 94, and the Newport Whitehouse campaign office. Thanks to the Sakonnet Times, Newport DailyNews, Cox, NCTV, and Nancy Mello for 4th graders' voting day in Tiverton.
A special thanks to my family who make all things possible.

Peace.