Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Rep. Bruce Long - So Long!

Here is a further update from R.I. Futures.

All of the info contained in the original report bothers me. I find it especially troubling when our local media outlets have no problem with spousal abuse by politicans. I am including the problems raised recently in Middletown during the current election cycle. When did this behavior get to be okay of anyone, let alone elected officials? I don't care if it is a few years old. What was the outcome of the event? Was there counselling? Did this happen previously or again?

This is relevant. Being quiet about it & sweeping it under the rug or dismissing it lightly is not acceptable. Hey, there are plenty of people around that I wouldn't have minded smacking (and I'm strong enough that it would have been felt), but I didn't.

My husband reminded me of 2 yrs. ago when good ole' Brucie came up to me quietly & told me that I had to leave "his" meeting. This was in the middle of a public highway. He threatened me with expulsion 3x. I finally told him that I wasn't going leave & that he'd have to do whatever. Then I walked away. I should have screamed bloody murder about what he was trying to do. The only way I got any press over this was to write a letter to the "Daily News" & take out an ad. Hey, I could have taken this guy down.

None of this is acceptable behavior whether it was done yesterday, last year, or ten years ago. It's time for Brucie to leave. I find it difficult to believe that anyone is going to back up any of his actions, I don't care what Party he belongs to. "I take the Fifth," indeed (when he was asked if he was still in substance abuse treatment). The State Party needs to look into filing ethics charges here.

RIte care for his family?? We're ALL paying for this (not to mention his legislative salary PLUS health care benefits). As my grandmother used to say, "Have you no shame?"