Thursday, July 06, 2006

No Tax Relief for Newporters

The "Daily News" reports the Guv's veto yet again of the tax change & increase for time-shares in Newport. This would bring it in line with how other areas handle time shares. Newport would realize almost a million dollars income from one year alone. But no go this yr. Will the legislature reconvene for a veto? No last yr. & I'll bet no go this yr., too. Newport just isn't important enough.
Both Rep. Long & Sen. Gibbs cast no vote on this matter. Yet the yr. before it was a "yes." Go figure. I told you the guv would veto. Otherwise his minions (oops, fellow party members) would look like fools. And the Snooze called me Partisan! Darned if I would have let the Guv's positioning for an election override the benefit to my constituents.

No comments: