Saturday, June 10, 2006

Aquidneck Farmers' Market Opens


Support your local farmer! Eat well! I missed the opening Sat., but most Sat. mornings you'll find me there. I generally go to the one in Middletown, but the new location in Newport also is feasible. Prices are good, food is good, growers are friendly! I like knowing where my food comes from.

There is also food available for instant gratification. I am especially fond of spring's fresh peas. They rarely make it to the table as I am not the only one in my family who likes them fresh from the pod! Fresh raspberries sometimes never actually make it from the car to my house. I also like the pizza crusts which you buy 4 to a package. The farms are primarily from this district, but others from the state are frequently there. Sometimes jewelry, lotions, & pottery vendors are there. Often some farm animals are penned for petting. You can also buy potted plants - vegetable & fruit. I've bought cheeses, fish, & pasta. The farmers ALWAYS thank you for your patronage. You can also meet your neighbors & share a cup of joe. We are truly blessed to have this group here!

No comments: