Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Wiley Coyote on Aquidneck Island


I've certainly seen coyotes in my neighborhood. I live near the water tower & St. George's. At first glance, you spot a dog. Then you look again as it's unusual these days to see dogs roaming. On second glance, it looks like a rather mangy dog. Then you realize it's a coyote. I've seem them during the day. The Daily News did an interesting article & here is the link to the agency conducting the mapping of these packs. I had trouble with the downloadable links, though.

IT'S EASY TO SPOT A COYOTE:

2 comments:

Carl Sheeler For Senate said...

I always thought he deserved to catch the roadrunner.. at least some times!

Anonymous said...

I almost ran over a coyote on Pond Street in Wakefield this past Wednesday. I better keep my Yorkie inside!